Top Plymouth Mind News Stories…
New dates! Mental Health First Aid training course
Thursday 11th and Friday 12th January 2018
Learn how to identify, understand and recognise the crucial signs of mental ill-health and what you can do to help on a first aid basis.
This course will increase your confidence in feeling able to approach, assess and assist someone who might be experiencing a mental health issue and encourage them to the support they need to recover.
For info and to book a place follow this link.
Young people: What do you need from your GP?
Plymouth Mind are currently conducting a survey of young people’s experiences of seeking support from their GPs. This is so we can work together with GPs to improve the response young people receive when having conversations and seeking help.
If you are under 25, please take a few minutes to fill out our short survey here.
Out and About – The Blog
Zoe, our Training and Development Officer, is taking Plymouth Mind on the road, raising awareness of mental health and offering information and advice in the community, with a view to breaking down stigma. Her blog is now live on our website. Read it here.
GETTING INTO VOLUNTEERING – FREE WORKSHOP
- Why Vounteer – the for your wellbeing and the City
- Things to consider – how you won’t lose your benefits
- Fears and Solutions – anxiety, confidence to volunteer
- Expectations – support as you volunteer
- How to volunteer – where to search, help to apply
- Volunteer loans and grants – opportunity for learning loans
Dates: Wed 10th January 10am-1pm
To find out more or to register call 01752 512280 or e-mail [email protected]
Mums Connect -Postnatal Well Being Group
when and where: every Wednesday 1:30- 3pm at 8 Woodside, Greenbank, PL4 8QE
- Can bring pre walking babies
- Tea, coffee and biscuits
- Mums together in a welcoming space
- Baby changing facilities and baby equipment
- Easy buggy and disabled access
To find out more or sign up please email [email protected] or call 01752512280
Elefriends – Join MIND’s Online Peer Support Community
We are promoting Elefriends as part of the Side by Side peer support project. Find out more here..