Did you know…
- We have been supporting the community with their mental health for over 30 years.
- In the last 2 years alone, we helped over 7500 people to begin their recovery from poor mental health.
- We are affiliated to Mind (the national organisation) but we are responsible for our own funding – we are an independent charity in our own right.
- ….and WE NEED YOUR HELP to keep us going for another 30 years!
How can I help?
Organise a fundraising event on our behalf. This can be a sports event – a sponsored trek or skydive, on your own or in a group – or any other gathering/occasion such as a birthday list, a wedding list, a sponsored dinner (invite people for a meal and then ask them to donate how much they think the meal was worth), a cake sale, a concert or a show, etc.
If you are interested in a Skydive – go for it! We can vouch for it as both our CEO and administrator have completed a Skydive for Plymouth Mind. Visit our Skydive Page for more information on how to set this up.
Collecting Fundraising Funds
We have a page on Virgin Money Giving and Just Giving – both platforms are free for you to use and they collect Gift Aid on our behalf. After you have created your page…share, share, share and share again among all of your contacts and let us know you have a fundraising campaign going, so we can help spread the word through our channels (social media, website, supporters and friends).
If you also need to collect fundraising monies on a form, please download our Sponsorship Form
We will be more than happy to support you with fundraising packs, advice and ideas to help you achieve your fundraising goal!
How will my money be used?
In Plymouth alone, 85,000 people suffer from mental health problems every year. Your money will fund vital support like:
- £50 – funds a one to one support session for anyone in mental distress
- £150 – funds workshops and support groups for young people with problems like eating disorders and self-harm issues
- £500 – funds an 8 week course at our Recovery College for someone suffering from anxiety and depression
- Daily drop-in services for those struggling with mental health issues
- £1,000 – training for our volunteers and mental health workers
- £10,000 – funds essential repairs to our buildings so they can continue to be there as a safe place to go for those in mental distress.
CONTACT US: If you would like to know more about fundraising for Plymouth and District Mind, please email us [email protected] or call 01752 512280.