Did you know…
- We have been supporting the community with their mental health for over 30 years.
- In the last 2 years alone, we helped over 3000 people to begin their recovery from poor mental health.
- We are affiliated to Mind (the national organisation) but we receive no funding from them.
- ….and WE NEED YOUR HELP to keep us going for another 30 years!
How can I help?
- Organise a fundraising event on our behalf. This can be a sport event – a sponsored trek or cycle, on your own or in a group – or any other gathering/occasion such as a birthday list, a wedding list, a sponsored dinner (invite people for a meal and then ask them to donate how much they think the meal was worth), a cake sale, a concert or a show, etc.
- Join in with an existing event (e.g. Plymouth 10K or the London Marathon) and raise money for us as your chosen charity. Download our Sponsorship Form
- Join our 15,000 ft. tandem skydive challenge…eeek. Plymouth Mind staff have done this and can confirm it is a mind-blowing experience! Raise money for us and have the thrill of a lifetime. Visit our Skydive page to find out more.
We will be more than happy to support you with fundraising packs, advice and ideas to help you achieve your fundraising goal!
FUNDRAISING TOP TIP
An easy way to raise sponsorship for your fundraising activity or event is to create an online fundraising page with Virgin Money Giving so you can email, tweet and share your link on Facebook to all of your friends, family and colleagues. It’s a simple and effective way to collect funds, and it comes directly through to us! We are listed as Plymouth & District Mind Association on their website.
You can also create a fundraising page on Just Giving, the most famous crowdfunding platform.
After you have created your page…share, share, share and share again among all of your contacts and let us know you have a fundraising campaign going, so we can help spread the word through our channels (social media, website, supporters and friends).
How will my money be used?
In Plymouth alone, 85,000 people suffer from mental health problems every year. Your money will fund vital support like:
- £50 – funds a one to one support session for anyone in mental distress
- £150 – funds workshops and support groups for young people with problems like eating disorders and self-harm issues
- £500 – funds an 8 week course at our Recovery College for someone suffering from anxiety and depression
- Daily drop-in services for those struggling with mental health issues
- £1,000 – training for our volunteers and mental health workers
- £10,000 – funds essential repairs to our buildings so they can continue to be there as a safe place to go for those in mental distress.
CONTACT US: If you would like to know more about fundraising for Plymouth and District Mind, please email us [email protected] or call 01752 512280.