Volunteering is a rewarding way to use your spare time and it doesn’t always mean giving up whole days at a time. We have many opportunities available to suit even the busiest of people. Just sparing a lunch break can be enough to help us to help others!
Becoming a volunteer for Plymouth Mind means that we commit time to preparing you and setting you up as a volunteer. For this reason we need a minimum time commitment of 10-12 hours per month and a minimum time of 6 months.
The process of volunteering for Plymouth Mind involves the following:
- Download the application form here Volunteering Application Form 2018 Complete the form, select a volunteering role and demonstrate your commitment to the role. Either e-mail it back at [email protected] or post it to our office 8 Woodside, Plymouth, PL4 8QE.
- Attend a Volunteer Training session
- Complete a DBS form– which involves showing us some ID (eg – passport, birth certificate, a letter dated the last 3 month with your current address ie tenancy agreement, bank statement.
We may require you to attend extra training for your post or offer you free mental health training should the opportunity arise.
We require a commitment to volunteering for at least 6 months on a regular basis, for one day a week or half a day.
1. VOLUNTEER SUPPORT FOR OUR COURSES – The courses are run by a staff member with a volunteer supporting.
Meet and greet – help give out paper work – help with taking notes – encourage integration of the group. C o-delivering may also be possible, depending on the course or the volunteer’s knowledge and experience.
2. VOLUNTEER SUPPORT FOR OUR GROUPS – The courses are run by a staff member with a volunteer supporting.
Meet and greet – encourage integration of the group – practical support where needed – help give out paper work if needed – help with taking notes on a flip chart,
Group vacancies – Craft Group; Musical Minds; Men’s group; Bipolar Support; Bridge the Gap (group volunteering); Snap theCity (photography group); Empty Nesters.
3. VOLUNTEER TO MAKE FILMS CLIPS FOR US
Supporting our organisation by making mini films and editing – to be used in groups, courses and on the website etc.
4. VOLUNTEER ON RECEPTION/HELP WITH ADMIN
Supporting our organisation by working in reception – welcoming people who are attending groups, courses, 1:1 or counselling appointments. Also answering queries on the phone or face to face. Light admin work as needed.
5. CARE-TAKING OUR LOVELY GARDEN
Our garden is a great oasis for staff and service-users, but it needs a lot of tlc. We welcome volunteers to help us keep the garden tidy and under control!
If you are interested in supporting us as a volunteer, then please contact our Volunteer Coordinator Donna Whitley on [email protected] or call 01752 512280