We run Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) throughout the year from our training centre in Plymouth. This course is open for any members of the public to book onto. Details of upcoming courses are shown below.
Mental Health First Aid (2 day)
Learn how to identify, understand and recognise the crucial signs of mental ill-health and what you can do to help on a first aid basis.
This course will increase your confidence in feeling able to approach, assess and assist someone who might be experiencing a mental health issue and encourage them to the support they need to recover.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Spot the early signs of a mental health issue
- Feel confident helping someone experiencing a mental health issue
- Provide help on a first aid basis
- Help prevent someone from hurting themselves or others
- Help someone recover faster
- Guide someone towards the right support
- Reduce the stigma of mental health issues
Course Cost: £295 per place. Refreshments and lunch provided
There are no upcoming dates for in-house MHFA. All new course dates will be posted on our new Devon Mind website www.devonmind.com/training/upcoming-courses/
Course Times: 9:00am-4:30 pm both days